We develop and maintain full-stack online software systems. We cover the entire range from highly usable frontend apps to powerful back-end server software and everything inbetween. We are a global company, working with clients in North America and Europe.
I started professional software development in 1998 and founded ClearCove Software Inc. in 2006. Outside of work I enjoy outdoor pursuits (hiking, trail running and open water rowing) and gardening. I live with my family in the beautiful Comox Valley on Vancouver Island, Canada.
Jo Hund, founder of ClearCove Software, Inc.
We offer the following services:
- Application development
- Hosting and deployment management
- Software maintenance
- Technical support
- Performance optimization
- Project management
- Code reviews
We are privileged to work with fantastic commercial, non-profit, and government clients in North America and Europe. Below is a selection of projects we have developed and continue to support:
- Marketing automation - web scraping, information extraction, advanced search, machine learning.
- Condo board/Strata council management - communications, document management, scheduling, issue tracking.
- Publishing automation – document management, conversion, and validation.
- Online training – courseware authoring, registration and training facilitation.
- Conference management – registration, reporting, and workflow automation.
- Online Questionbank – allows publishing staff to author questions, and teachers to find, edit and compile questions into student practice tests.
- Government financial reporting – legacy data import, ongoing data import, report generation.
- Online cooking school – registration, content delivery, data management.
- Various custom ecommerce applications (music, digital documents, video subscriptions, etc.)
- Location: Comox, Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
- Languages: English and German
- Timezone: Pacific Time
- Founded: 2006
Below is a list of our current technology preferences:
- React Native
- Ruby and Ruby on Rails/Puma/Sidekiq
- Payment processing
- Email sending
- Server monitoring
- Social media APIs
- PDF creation
- RSS and ATOM feeds
- Custom APIs
- Functional programming, object oriented programming.
- Natural language processing
- Machine learning
- Regular expressions
- Internationalization: Unicode, localization, utf8, timezones, fonts.
- Dynamic programming
- Neural networks
- Sublime Text
- Command line terminal