Here is what I had to do to enable tablet pressure support for the X11 based Gimp and Inkscape applications on OS X Leopard:
- OS X Leopard: 10.5.5 on Intel
- X11: XQuartz 2.3.2 RC2
- Inkscape: 0.46 (Mac binary)
- Gimp: 2.6.3 (Mac binary)
- Tablet: Wacom Graphire ET from around 2003
Key points are:
- get at least the 2.3.2 version of XQuartz. 2.3.1 will not work!
- In Gimp/Edit/Preferences/Input Devices: Click on “Configure extended input devices…”, set device ‘pen’ to ‘screen’.
- In Inkscape/File/Input Devices …: Set device ‘pen’ to ‘screen’.
- You might have to restart your apps
Nice. Now we have pressure support on OS X for these two great apps. The Inkscape calligraphy tool is very nice. Makes my handwriting look nicer than on paper.